Over the past few months, we’ve been working hard on integrating and [i] with Live Publish – and now I’m glad to say… it’s finally here!!!
For those that don’t know, Live Publish takes the pain out of publishing content online by enabling you to use Microsoft Word as your editing canvas. Word is feature rich and we leverage all those features to bring you a product that is not only easy to use but is less frustrating than the online editing experiences brought to you by CMS products. We also handle all assets (images, attachments, diagrams, etc…) and custom fields of the document to ensure a trouble-free publishing experience.
Here’s a quick overview of some of the features we have added for WordPress:
- All images and attachments are uploaded to your Media Library for you. Even the Alt text is captured.
- Basic support is included and more can be added on request.
- Currently only Pages and Posts are supported but with support for custom post types in future releases.
- Automatic updates. You are always on the latest version of Live Publish.
- Clean HTML that won’t pollute your site with bad code allowing power users to edit from within WordPress.
- You can still use the WordPress UI to make changes to pages – We do not add custom post types to add content to your site.
- Support for all first-class Microsoft Word content including (but not limited to):
- Table of contents
- Embedded attachments (PDFs, ZIP files, …)
- Video embedding
- Custom styles are driven by WordPress – not Microsoft Word. Live Publish adds classes to elements so that you can style them accordingly.
We will be discussing more of the features in upcoming weeks by diving into some real-world examples of the types of things you can do, so stay tuned!
[i] Self-hosted WordPress installations require the to be installed.