For SharePoint modern pages
Use the Table of contents web part in a SharePoint modern page to help readers position directly to the information they are looking for.
At a glance, readers can see the headings and topics within the article and easily navigate lengthy pages.
Using a table of contents
- Allows you to organise information on the page.
- Helps readers to quickly scan the page headings.
- Readers can quickly position to content by selecting the headings.
Headings are nested (e.g. Heading 2 under Heading 1 etc.) and indented progressively to easily outline topics and sub-topics.
Applying the Table of contents web part to long, content-rich pages allows:
- Direct jumping to a topic or sub-topic without endless scrolling.
- Easy navigation of long content and build a mental model for the reader.
- A more organized and professional look on your page.
Table of contents web part makes it easy to manage your SharePoint modern page headings with simple styling options available.