There are a number of reasons why the add-in may be misbehaving in your environment. Please read through the following known issues to see if any help to fix your problem. If you are still experiencing issues after reading this article, click the How can we help link at the bottom of the page to send us a support request.
When launching the Add-in it just shows me a blank dialog with an error indicator in the top left corner.
This can be caused by Internet Explorer not set to run in Protected Mode. The other issue that can cause this is that you are running a very out of date version of Windows or Internet Explorer.
To enable Protected Mode:
- In Internet Explorer, click the Tools button, and then click Internet Options.
- Click the Security tab, and then select the Internet Sites Zone.
- Select the Enable Protected Mode check box.
- Select the Restricted Zone and select the Enable Protected Mode check box, and then click OK.
- Restart your computer.
If this problem persists update Windows to the latest version and make sure you have installed all updates.
The add-in does not look right or is not working properly
This may be caused by Corporate IT policies in Internet Explorer.
Please instruct your IT department to add the following URL’s to the Internet Explorer Trusted Sites list:
After clicking on my SharePoint Online (Office 365) web location, I am presented with a screen that says ‘This content cannot be displayed in a frame’
Sometimes the Office 365 credentials that you use can become mixed up if you are using multiple Office 365 usernames.
Reset your cookies in Internet Explorer.
- Select Tools > Internet Options.
- Click on the General tab and then the Delete… button.
- Make sure to uncheck Preserve Favorites website data and check both Temporary Internet Files and Cookies then click Delete.
source: https://kb.wisc.edu/page.php?id=12314. Retrieved on 2018-04-10.